What Is StoryDevs?
StoryDevs is a community for developers of story-focused games and visual novels. It's purpose is to provide us developers with free, necessary infrastructure that isn't just a front for a massive corporation trying to expand market share and profits.
- To provide free public services related to development.
- To educate, organise, and encourage developers.
- To build a welcoming, multi-identity community.
StoryDevs is under development. Here's what's in store for the future:
- A Talent Database that allows devs to make profiles that are searchable by criteria such as availability. The first version will just be for artists.
- An expansion of the Talent Database to include skills such as community management, criticism, editing, programming & entertainment.
- A public library for educational materials, history, journalism, recorded talks and their transcripts, reviews, and so on.
- Forums that are compatabile with said library, allowing users to quote, embed, or convert materials to and from the library.
- A scheduler that allows users to create public events (streams, conferences, etc) which others can see in their local time.
How To Support
StoryDevs is made by one person: me, Jake Bowkett! If it sounds like your kind of thing please spread the word to friends and other devs. Consider becoming a member or joining the Discord. Money also helps cover server and labour costs.